Broadband & Landline

Post here to ask/answer questions around home broadband and landline

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Need Help with Your Home Broadband Speed or Connection?

To effectively help you with any Broadband speed or connection issues we would need to see some hard data about your line after carrying out a few short tests for starters, which will enable us to diagnose the problem and advise you further.   Using ...

NTE5_fl NTE5_all_2 Capture.JPG Capture2.JPG
XRaySpeX by Grand Master
  • 2 replies
  • 10 Helpful

Changing Your WiFi Password on a Smart Hub

You may have seen in the News that some ISPs have had a security breach whereby their users' routers WiFi passwords have been hacked. You might want to change the WiFi password of your EE Smart Hub router in case a similar attack is made against EE's...

XRaySpeX by Grand Master
  • 7 replies
  • 12 Helpful

Resolved! WIFI Very Slow

I have an EE router that is about 10 years old. If I connect my laptop to an Ethernet port on the router I get 35+ Mbps download speed. On a WIFI connection, the best I ever get is 20 MBPS. But most of the time, it is a lot lower. At the moment the o...

Resolved! Genuine Call? 01942 901150

Hi, I have just had a call from 01942 901150 with a very nice lady who was asking lots of personal questions about my broadband.    I didn't give too much away but she is scheduled to call me back later when I have my bank card with me. Is this a gen...

ShaunC2 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 3 Helpful

Landline issues

Hi  We had our broadband and landline connected today - the broadband is working fine however , the landline doesnt appear to be receving incoming calls but we can make out going calls ?

How do I cancel contract?

I have received this: "From 31 March 2022, there will be an increase in line with the Consumer Price Index (CPI) rate of inflation, plus 3.9%". What is the procedure to leave contract early?  Thank you.

1699226 by Contributor
  • 11 replies
  • 7 Helpful

Resolved! Here we go again!

Can't find my BB contract end date. I thought it was under Shop but can't see it. Anyone know where I can find it? Otherwise I will have to trudge to the shop and ask them. I know my contract is up soon and desperate to get a cheaper deal. Fed up! Fe...

Resolved! Incorrect address on broadband/Openreach Database

On moving to my current address 3 years ago i joined EE broadband, due to an inactive line to the property EE had to arrange for a new line to be installed. The address is slightly incorrect on the Database when doing a search with any broadband prov...