by West082
Explorer

why had ee slowed my broadband connection

I have noticed that when i complained about my internet speed - things have gone south.

i have called 5 times and each time i get the same answer - it's you phone line, it's your end  and one person i overheard said just  sell them fibre optic

Well today they told me it is a problem with the BT Box/BT Cabinet outside the property.  I have checked all this and nothing is wrong.  My neigbours do not have a problem but they are not  with EE

New router et al ...internet goes down every 5 mins .  having to go out to use internet

3 REPLIES 3
by
EE Employee

Re: why had ee slowed my broadband connection

Hi and welcome to the community @West082

Please can you follow the instruction in the speed and connection help guide written by @XRaySpeX as he may be able to assist with diagnosing your issue?

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@West082   Actually it can be a problem that only you have and not your neighbour.  Your line itself might be the issue and perhaps it might need to be replaced.     Ther are many reasons you could be the only one with an issue when your neighbours don’t have an issue.  

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@West082: BB speed & connection issues are almost always a problem with your specific connection. They rarely extend to your immediate neighbourhood or even the whole exchange.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.