by phil141990 Investigator
Investigator

upgraded to fiber but speeds gone down no real answer from ee

Upgraded to fiber as it became available at our nearest "box" ie. so I understand there is fiber from exchange to the box and still the same copper from there to my house, but the speed has gone DOWN. (left for a number of weeks to settle down) Nothing has changed from box to my house and connection is straight to masterbox and router direct into it etc etc. any ideas please?  EE seem to be saying my line doesnt match fiber!!!!

6 REPLIES 6
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: upgraded to fiber but speeds gone down no real answer from ee

Good Evening @phil141990

Welcome to the community. 

Did our customer care team explain how your line does not match fibre?

Are you on a active fibre plan?

Speak soon, Katie 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

Did you actually upgrade your product with EE to Fibre or did you assume you will be auto upgraded cuz your cab can now do Fibre? Well, it won't unless you buy the Fibre package.

If you would like help with your BB speed or connection issues, please would you carry out the following steps for starters, which will enable us to diagnose the problem and advise you further. Do not restart your router to do these tests:

1. Post your full router stats.

For a BrightBox: login and go to Advanced Settings/ System/ DSL Status. Also post 'System Uptime' from top of System Log page.

For a SmartHub: login and go to Advanced Settings/ Technical Log/ Information.

Full router stats are key to any speed & connection issues.

2. Try a wired speedtest, using an Ethernet cable supplied with the router, here http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest.html . Click on the "Results Page" button at the bottom of the graph you first see and then copy to here just the "Link to this result:" link that you see below the next main graph.

3. What exchange are you connected to? If you don't know use: http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange_search and post the URL of your exchange page.

4. What does BT Broadband Availability Checker estimate for your phone number? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number. If it doesn't recognise your phone number, use the Address Checker, not the Postcode Checker.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Yes upgraded in December, intial fault at exchange, fixed, left to settle, but my speed has actuallay gone down, be it only a little.  My understanding is that previously there was copper from the exchange (Inkberrow, Worcestershire) to box 602 and again copper to me.  Had consistent speed in upper 5's (5.7-5.9)    After upgrade this has dropped to upper 4's and occasional 5.  

My understanding is that there is now fiber from exchange to box and still copper to me.  Two of my neighbours  have obtained significant increases on their pre upgrade.  My conversation with EE last week, they were unable to give a reason.     Being quite a simple person I asked with seemingly a higher speed to the box (half the distance from exchange to me) why the speed had not improved, be it a little!  I was given no real answer and the conversation went round and round until it was suggested that fibre might not be compatible.  I said that I had signed up for 6.1 to 12.3 and this had not been achieved.  I was then told that I had been advised on the order that EE had only guaranteed 4.4.  Hands up had not seen that, but when booked all the hype was that I would get an improvement.  Seems to me a big get out!   It was then suggest I could go back to original (copper) connection - where do I go from here?  Have done your tests, router is directly into masterbox, new cable etc etc.  Not very happy after 19 years with EE

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Please provide the info I requested in my previous post.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

by Grand Master
Grand Master

No, Can't make it out. All linkys have been run together. Trying my best to unscramble:

@phil141990 wrote:
  1. http://192.168.1.254/status_log/+EEH001+1840004627_4067615_status.csv
  2. https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.TelephoneNumberOutput
  3. https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/1549664048457465255

1. Presumably your router stats is a link into your LAN, which obviously can't be seen here.
  2. Intended to be the BTw Checker doesn't compute.
  3. Only this 1 correctly gives your speedtest results.

Please do again following my instructions to the letter.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.