by n05 Investigator
Investigator

unable to switch from virgin media cable to EE Fibre

I am trying to switch from virgin media Cable to EE Fibre but the service selection tool on the EE sales page will only will give me ADSL which as i am a a 70mb service is not going to be good for me.

i have checked other adresses in my street (my nexdoor neighbours and others) and EE can povide fibre to them ! this street was done by NTL 10 + years ago

I think i have to do a cease and reprovide (according to ofcom) but would expect EE to be able to manage this for me.

I have spoken to both virgin and EE firstline help desk but they are unable or unwilling to help. EE take the line that my house is not in a area that has been cabled.

my phone number was also moved over from BT around 10 years ago when i started with NTL (virgin) and was also moved from another postcode when will moved here.

I also have a child with a disability who relies on the internet for education and communication so need an as seemless switchover as possible.

any advice appriciated

thanks  in advance

Mark

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Jackbrennen Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Re: unable to switch from virgin media cable to EE Fibre

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

What does BT Broadband Availability Checker estimate for your phone number? Post just the table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number. If it doesn't recognise your phone number, use the Address Checker, not the Postcode Checker.

Yes, the only migration route from VM Cable to BT DSL is Cease & Provide.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by n05 Investigator
Investigator

the phone number was not recognised

so i did the address checker

cut and pasted text hope its readable !

Mark

WBC ADSL 2+     Up to 11     --     6.5 to 15     Available     --     --     --
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex M     Up to 11     Up to 1     6.5 to 15     Available     --     --     --
ADSL Max     Up to 6     --     5 to 8     Available     --     --     --
WBC Fixed Rate     2     --     --     Available     --     --     --
Fixed Rate     2     --     --     Available     --     --     --

Other Offerings

Availability Date

VDSL Multicast     --     --     --     Available     --     --     --
ADSL Multicast     --     --     --     Available     --     --     --

by Grand Master
Grand Master

That says that there's no Fibre to be had at your addy. EE go by the same BT checker.

What does the line above the table say about your cab?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Jackbrennen Investigator
Investigator
Solution

by n05 Investigator
Investigator

hi

thanks for the link

looking at all the other adresses in my road every one else is in a different Cabinet at the exchange ! they are all in cab 1 , i am in cab 8

i did try to move to talk talk some years ago , which was a nightmare, I cancelled in good time becuase of the huge negative feedback they were getting at the time , but BT still disconnected my line. I suspect my line was moved to another cab  with the Talk Talk switch equipment in .

i was stuck with no phone or internet and BT unwilling to help as i had jumped ship.  which is why i am on virgin now.

is there any hope of getting my line patched to the same cab that all my neighbours are in? i dont thinkso ?

Mark

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@n05 wrote:

looking at all the other adresses in my road every one else is in a different Cabinet at the exchange ! they are all in cab 1 , i am in cab 8

That must explain it. Cab 8 can't be enabled for Fibre.

In which case TT couldn't have had fibre there either. Unless you are saying you tried to move to TT for ADSL BB. In which case TT had their kit in the exchange, not the cab.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.