by iainwinterbotto
Explorer

the bt wholesale website says i do not have fibre to the premises

i am paying for fibre broadband and get slow speeds so i did the speed test and the BT wholesale sites says that i dont have fibre to the premises - i only get about 4mbps download and this is very poor dfor streaming services

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: the bt wholesale website says i do not have fibre to the premises

Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

If you would like help with your BB speed or connection issues, please would you carry out the following steps for starters, which will enable us to diagnose the problem and advise you further. Do not restart your router to do these tests:

1. Post your full router stats. For a BrightBox: login and go to Advanced Settings/ System/ DSL Status. Also post 'System Uptime' from top of System Log page. Full router stats are key to any speed & connection issues.

2. Try a wired speedtest here http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest.html and copy to here just the "Link to this result:" link.

3. What exchange are you connected to? If you don't know use: http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange_search and post the URL of your exchange page.

4. What does BT Broadband Availability Checker estimate for your phone number? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number. If it doesn't recognise your phone number, use the Address Checker, not the Postcode Checker.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by iainwinterbotto
Explorer

DSL STATUS This page shows information about your DSL connection. If you are using Ethernet Broadband then this page is not applicable.
STATUS   ConfiguredCurrentLine StatusLink TypeOperation Mode
--UP
--Fast Path
AutomaticG.993.2 (VDSL2)
DATA RATE INFORMATIONUpstreamDownstream
799 (Kbps)
4200 (Kbps)
DEFECT/FAILURE INDICATIONOperation DataUpstreamDownstreamNoise MarginLine Attenuation
22.4 (dB)23.7 (dB)
0.0 (dB)23.7 (dB)

Indicator NameNear End IndicatorFar End IndicatorOutput PowerFast Path FEC CorrectionInterleaved Path FEC CorrectionFast Path CRC ErrorInterleaved Path CRC ErrorLoss Of Signal DefectFast Path HEC Error STRInterleaved Path HEC ErrorError Seconds
0.6 (dBm)9.5 (dBm)
----
----
----
STATISTICSReceived DataTransmitted Data
13850690 (Kbits)
786313 (Kbits)

For the speed test i hade

No Fibre to the Premises (FTTP) services have been found at this address. Please check the postcode or use the Telephone Number or Service ID to conduct the test.
Click here to try again.

exchange details

General Information
Exchange name: Exchange code: Location: Postcode: Maps: Serves (approx):
Downend
SSDOW
South Gloucestershire South West
BS165UJ
Our map | Multimap | Streetmap
18,616 residential premises
705 non-residential premises.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Of course you don't have FTTP (Fibre to the Premises). EE has never offered FTTP. What you have, like many others, is FTTC (Fibre to the Cabinet).

Still what does BT Broadband Availability Checker estimate for your phone number?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by iainwinterbotto
Explorer

availability checker says - 

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER

Telephone Number xxxxxx on Exchange DOWNEND is served by Cabinet 22

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps)

WBC FTTC Availability Date

WBC SOGEA Availability Date

WBC FTTC 18x2 Provide Availability

WBC FTTC 18x2 Sim Availability

Left in Jumper

HighLowHighLow        

Featured Products

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

WBC FTTP Availability Date

ADSL Products

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

Left in Jumper

VDSL Range A (Clean)52.73511.67.332.4Available----Yes--
VDSL Range B (Impacted)40.32510.3520Available----Yes--
FTTP on Demand33030--Available--------
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 7--4.5 to 11.5Available------Yes
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 7Up to 14.5 to 11.5Available------Yes
ADSL MaxUp to 5.5--4 to 8Available--------
WBC Fixed Rate2 ----Available------Yes
Fixed Rate2 ----Available--------

by Grand Master
Grand Master

URGENT: Please edit your post to obscure your phone no.

You've left out an interesting bit at the bottom of that table.

Your BB is terribly slow, far below BT's estimate. What did EE estimate for you at sign-up?

Reboot the router & try plugging it into the hidden test socket that is revealed when you remove the bottom half of the split faceplate (2 screws or press tabs) of your master socket. Only do this if you have a split faceplate. Do you have any extension sockets? Are there any wires connected to back of faceplate?

Post the full router stats & System Uptime when plugged into test socket.

Try the BT Quiet Line Test (dial 17070 Opt 2), preferably with a corded phone, in the test socket with the router disconnected. If there is any noise, report to your landline provider as a voice fault (don't mention Broadband). Often sorting out voice faults will fix the Broadband as well.

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi,

Have you ever had 40 megs or there abouts?

When did you upgrade to "fibre" VDSL?

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.