by bobbyowens
Visitor

swap brightbox with smart hub

I have been with ee a while and have an ee Smart Hub supplied with my account. I have now moved in with my girlfriend who also is with ee but has a BrightBox 2. I'm trying to set up Wake On LAN through the internet but the BrightBox doesn't allow port forwarding of the packed to a x.x.x.255 address which i believe is required. The box also isn't great for WiFi signal in other rooms of the house.

Am I able to just swap the BrightBox with my Smart Hub or will I need to change any settings such as username?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: swap brightbox with smart hub

Yes, you can swap the SH for the BB & you'll only need to change your BB Username & password to hers.

The BB does have "Trigger by Traffic".

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.