by awolnonstop Investigator
Investigator

slow fibre in speed test then goes quicker

Hi i was recently a customer with BT an just switched to EE. I find that running a speed test it gets stuck around 10mb then moves up to 50 at a slower pace. with bt it used to go up right away. does these settings look ok?

Status   Configured Current Line Status -- UP Link Type -- Fast Path Operation Mode Automatic G.993.2 (VDSL2)

Data Rate Information Upstream 19999 (Kbps) Downstream 79987 (Kbps)
Defect/Failure Indication Operation Data Upstream Downstream Noise Margin 15.2 (dB) 6.1 (dB) Line Attenuation 0.0 (dB) 8.4 (dB)
Indicator Name Near End Indicator Far End Indicator Output Power -8.2 (dBm) 12.6 (dBm) Fast Path FEC Correction 0 385 Interleaved Path FEC Correction -- -- Fast Path CRC Error 0 0 Interleaved Path CRC Error -- -- Loss of Signal Defect 0 0 Fast Path HEC Error STR 0 462 Interleaved Path HEC Error -- -- Error Seconds 162 81
Statistics Received Data 8309565 (Kbits) Transmitted Data 6174013 (Kbits)
5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: slow fibre in speed test then goes quicker

Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

If you would like help with your BB speed or connection issues, please would you carry out the following steps for starters, which will enable us to diagnose the problem and advise you further.

1.  Your BB connection is fine.

2. There are speedtests & speedtests! Try a wired speedtest here http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest.html and copy to here just the "Link to this result:" link.

3. What exchange are you connected to? If you don't know use: http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange_search and post the URL of your exchange page.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Investigator

the speed result was much better on this test

by Grand Master
Grand Master

That's pretty good & fairly flat. Nowt to worry about there.

You are lucky to get fibre at that exchange. It was 1 of EE's "Off-Net" exchanges where they throttle ADSL, but not Fibre, at peak times. Do you notice any reduction in throughput speed at those times?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

so far its been the same at all times ive run tests, tho i only have it a few days

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.