by annegibbons3
Explorer

scam phone calls saying virus on phoneline

I have received scam phone calls just hours after setting up new mob phone contract with ee.This is the first time wehave received them ,maybe because we are ex directory.EE have our details.This is far too much of a coincience, not to be connected to EE.The callersa female souds Indian .I knoe EE use Lidian call centres.Is someone passing info to a scamcompany.They ask for the pc to be switched so they can access the pc.Anyone any ideas .I have rung BT they have blocked the calls.No shows UK phone no but this is part of the scam

3 REPLIES 3
by Legend
Legend

Re: scam phone calls saying virus on phoneline

Hi, 

You cannot stop them as they just call from random numbers. It's likely it's pure chance they called you. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by annegibbons3
Explorer

Thanks for reply, since I called BT , there have been no calls , maybe I am being optimistic
by Grand Master
Grand Master

These are a nationwide problem. We all get them. Just put the phone down.

Even ex-directory your phone no. gets leaked all over the Net. Have you never given it to other websites?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.