by ccawley

router restarting automatically

Hi. We have a problem where the EE router automatically restarts, in clusters. For example, it happened a few weeks ago where the router restarted three or four times without warning.

I have checked service status and line speed test, but nothing appears to be wrong. Can anyone tell me why this happens? Is it a problem with the router, or an update? Checking the log, I see the message:

DSL Link Down: duration was 43 seconds

Others this morning report

DSL Link Down: duration was 1639 seconds

DSL Link Down: duration was 70 seconds

Would appreciate any help.

2 REPLIES 2
by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Re: router restarting automatically

How is your phone line? 

Any pops and crackles when you dial 17070 option 2?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: router restarting automatically

Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

Which router? Is it a complete restart of the router or just a re-sync of the line?

If you would like help with your BB speed or connection issues, please would you carry out the following steps for starters, which will enable us to diagnose the problem and advise you further. Do not restart your router to do these tests:

Post your full router stats.

For a BrightBox: login and go to Advanced Settings/ System/ DSL Status. Also post 'System Uptime' from top of System Log page.

For a SmartHub: login and go to Advanced Settings/ Technical Log/ Information.

Full router stats are key to any speed & connection issues.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.