by jayem22 Investigator
Investigator

orange broadband router help

my broadband was set up in 2007 with cd installation and Orange router.  The computer it was set up on has gone and I have a new computer.  Don't have wifi.

I'm not getting a connection, but didn't really expect to, can someone help please, do I need to get an EE router

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by jayem22 Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Re: orange broadband router help

Thank you XraySpex for mentioning the Ethernet cable.  I straightened the cable (it's very long) and managed to get online last night.  Only lasted a minute, so I straightened it more and here I am on the internet on my new comp, so far so good.   Thank you very much for your help

10 REPLIES 10
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Which router have you? Is it the Siemens SE572-Router with the Orange branding?

Why should it stop working? What's changed?

Check its settings in Home Broadband settings.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by jayem22 Investigator
Investigator

i'll have to check the router and come back to you tomorrow, i'm using someone else's computer.

The only thing that has changed is the computer I used for the CD installation back in 2007 is deceased and I have a new PC.  I'll let you know tomorrow about the router.  Thank you

by Grand Master
Grand Master

OK I'll wait on you.

Is it one of these?

HomeBroadbandDevice_Siemens.pngSiemensHomeBroadbandDevice_Livebox1_1.pngspeedtouch_330.gifSpeedtouch

The last is the only 1 I remember needing a CD to set up. I hope it's not that.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by jayem22 Investigator
Investigator

hi, the first picture is it.  No mention of Siemens on it, but it says Orange Gigaset SE572 WLANdsi..........Product name: Ornge D12356.

I've never had wifi, do you think I need that now that I'm using a different PC to the one used for the CD installation. 

I tried again this morning, clicked on Orange D12356 option, and it started verifying but then said "No internet, secured" 

They also sent a "speedtouch" in the same box but I never used that.

Thank you

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You don't need a CD for that 1. You can set it up manually using the settings in Home Broadband settings.

You could use WiFi but wired is more reliable. Have you connected it to the PC by Ethernet cable?

You might as well throw the Speedtouch away.

by jayem22 Investigator
Investigator

I'll have another go this evening and check everything's in properly - and throw the speedtouch thing away!!

Thank you for your help so far

by
EE Employee

Pop back and let us know how you get on @jayem22

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

by jayem22 Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Thank you XraySpex for mentioning the Ethernet cable.  I straightened the cable (it's very long) and managed to get online last night.  Only lasted a minute, so I straightened it more and here I am on the internet on my new comp, so far so good.   Thank you very much for your help

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

Sounds like you need a new Ethernet cable.

by
EE Employee

Happy to hear everything's now working @jayem22

Thanks for popping back to let us know!

Have a lovely evening.

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.