by FelizNavigation Investigator
Investigator

no web secure access to my EE router hub

My web admin portal to my EE Home Router is open, and I can't seem to find a way to lock it down to start with a login page first.

Any takes on this?

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: no web secure access to my EE router hub

Is this the mobile 4GEE Home Router or the fixed BB EE Smart Hub?

They are both designed, in their own sweet ways, to start on their home page un-logged in & you have to click on something to be invited to login.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

thanx for reply ray.

yes i eventually found out that there is no first page secure login, and like you say, after that if you click on anything of worth (editing) then it will ask for a password.

funny how in an age of security breaches, iot, AI, ML, SaaS, and blah blah ... a broadband service breaks with convention.

before EE was gobbled up by bt, their hubs were secure from the outset.

ho hum! 

Investigator

forgot to answer your initial question : it's the EE Smart Hub for super fast BB.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Can't see it matters. You have to login to change anything.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.