by britianna
Explorer

new line

I have tried to change providers to EE broadband, EE say I have to pay for a new line as  "there is none at present".

There has been a line into the house for at least two years, in fact openreach were there only yesterday checking the line and router which has been damaged by lightening, the line is perfectly serviceable but the router is dead.  I am also told there is no way round having to pay for a new line.  Sounds ludicrous to me, maybe they don't want the business!  Anyone know how to get round it?

5 REPLIES 5
by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Re: new line

Who supplies the current line?

If it is Virgin then yes you will need a new line as EE use the BT network.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@britianna : Who is your current ISP? Do they provide the landline as well? If not, who does?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by britianna
Explorer

Thanks for that. Current line is with plusnet which I believe is owned by BT
by britianna
Explorer

Line is part of plusnet package. I believe plusnet is owned by bt.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Then you do have a working landline, with PN, & ought to be able to migrate it to EE w/out any hassle or cost. CS were talking tosh!

What does BT Broadband Availability Checker estimate for your phone number? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number. If it doesn't recognise your phone number, use the Address Checker, not the Postcode Checker.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.