by arran5 Investigator
Investigator

my broadband speed is lower than minimum guaranteed line speed?

Hi,

This is from my account:

'Estimated Line Speed between 14 Mb/Sec and 16 Mb/Sec

Line speed is 2 Mb/Sec

Minimum Guaranteed Speed is 3.5 Mb/Sec'

Does this mean that my speed is lower than the guaranteed speed or does it mean something else?

Thank you for your assistance!

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: my broadband speed is lower than minimum guaranteed line speed?

Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

I wouldn't take too much notice of what EE say your line speed is. It's never realistic. You can read true speed off yourself from the router.

Post your full router stats. For a BrightBox: login and go to Advanced Settings/ System/ DSL Status. Also post 'System Uptime' from top of System Log page. Full router stats are key to any speed & connection issues.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by arran5 Investigator
Investigator

Thanks man, i  hear that, will do when I get home.

However, what is the purpose of EE putting these numbers on my account page in the first place? And, do the figures I quoted below put across the information that my speed is lower than guaranteed or does it mean something else?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Dunno. For years EE stated my line speed was 2 Meg for my 20 Meg line. Now it is given as 13 Meg. Still useless but better than what it was. I guess EE start it off at 2 Meg & see how it goes.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by arran5 Investigator
Investigator

I'm looking at it from the perspective that I can get out of my contract if my broadband speed is lower than my 'EE' guaranteed speed. Which is what that piece of info from my account appears to say...

by Grand Master
Grand Master

No, you need to be looking at the actual speed, which I've told you how, not some fiction. All EE need to say is "Oh, sorry we recoded it wrong but you actually getting umpteen Meg".

by arran5 Investigator
Investigator

Weird, why would EE lie about something being too low? Surely if they were going to lie they would inflate my speed rather than t'other way round?

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @arran5,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Please get in touch with customer services so our technical team can double check your broadband service is working as it should.

Thanks

James

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Why bother when you can see it for yourself? The router always tells the truth, while you can never tell with CS.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.