by lfshenna
Visitor

moving house and earlier of termination of contract

HI,

I just signed up a 18 months contract of EE broadband (from Feb 2019 until October 2020). If I need to terminate my contract a bit earlier than usual as I will be moving and living with my husband, who has another EE broadband contract, do I still need to pay cancellation fee and the monthly fee for the rest of the months in this case?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: moving house and earlier of termination of contract

@lfshenna  Yes you have to pay off the remaining term of the contract.  The cancellation fee is the remaining term of the contract.  

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @lfshenna

Welcome to the community. Great news about the house move! 🙂

I see @Chris_B has explained the cancellation fee for you.

When it comes time, contact our Broadband Care team, they'll be able to sort that out for you.

Chris 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@lfshenna: No, you don't have to pay anything like the remaining term of your contract. It is much reduced by the savings EE will make by no longer having to buy your BB wholesale from BTw. As an example, a £19 monthly contract could need to pay back only £6.81 for each month remaining.

A more detailed description of EARLY CANCELLATION CHARGES can be found on p12 of EE TV, Broadband and Home Phone Price Guide .

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.