by eecowboys Investigator
Investigator

moving home ee cowboys conmen

Don't touch EE they are a bunch of cowboys. I have been with them for years, since Organge but now they are nothing but a bunch of douchebags.

Here's one reason why. Moving home with 4 months left on my contact but they forcing me to sign a new 18 month contract. Absolute scumbags. 

So i'll be left with no broadband that i'll be paying for for 4 months. My mobile contract is due to be updated early 2020, there's no chance that i'm renewing that either due to the greed of these dirty scumbag conmen. Avoid them at all costs,

13 REPLIES 13
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: moving home ee cowboys conmen

@eecowboys   You don’t need to start a new contract.   Please read THIS 

Investigator

Hi Chris, 

Thanks for the reply. I'm just off the phone to them and that's what the operator told me. I'm furious right now, I've never been so angry at a company in my life.

So what they've done here is fleece me out of 4 months for a service that I won't be able to use.

However, if that's the way they want to play it, I was swivelling over what to do with my mobile contract when it's due for renewal next year anyway, now I'm going to change that to another provider. They've just lost a customer they've had for over 11 years. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@eecowboys   Call this number 

Call us on 0800 079 8586 and select option for EE Home Broadband.

you don’t need to start a new contract as you can take your current package with you.  

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, they are correct. It's in the T&Cs that you agreed to that you need to take out a new min. term contract:

EE home network T&Cs :

2.14. If You want to receive Your existing Services at a new address, please call Customer Support and check that Your new address is in a Service Availability Area. We do not have to accept Your request. If We accept Your request to relocate the Services, and You need a New Line or New Fibre Connection at your new address, We will terminate Your current Services and You will need to reconnect those Services and commit to a new Minimum Term and pay the New Line Charge and/or the New Fibre Connection Charge. We will get your express consent before we do this.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Thanks, I'll ride the contract out and pay them their money for the next 4 months and move to Virgin. They are obviously a bunch of desperado's and this is how they con people.

But they will lose out as I'm going to cancel their mobile service when renewal is due as well.

by vijayl
Explorer

Thank you for helping me make up my mind about what network to go with. Will avoid EE like the plague.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

It seems to me to be pretty normal, that if you move home, you need to start a new contract, and as it says it and is written as @XRaySpeX has written it, then that is the way EE work, and I suspect other companies probably do too, unlike mobile phone contracts, where you would not have to start a new contract. It is in their T&Cs.

If you are not happy with this, then you can click on ways to complain above, not that it will probably do much good.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@eecowboys   In the wording given by @XRaySpeX  it does say 

If You want to receive Your existing Services at a new address, please call Customer Support and check that Your new address is in a Service Availability Area. We do not have to accept Your request. If We accept Your request to relocate the Services, and You need a New Line or New Fibre Connection at your new address. 

to relocate do you need a new line or new fibre connection?    If one is already there then the answer to that is no.  it will just be EE decision to accept your request to relocate your service.   

Investigator

Thank you Vijayl. Sensible choice. I simply cannot believe how terrible this company are. Virgin Media's broadband is so much better in every way, we didn't have that in our current address. I wish we did. Now we have it an option in our new address, EE have made the decision for me. I've been a mobile customer of theirs for over 11 years and so they've successful moved me to a new network. Well done Marc Allera you've lost another customer and gained another negative Trustpilot review.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Well spotted, @Chris_B :). The "and" clause makes all the difference. If you already have a BT-based landline, even if inactive, at the new place you should not have to extend your contract.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@XRaySpeX   It’s the final part of that.   “If we accept”.  In other words they don’t have to even if a line is present. That in itself is then down to the individual your speaking with.

But would it not be in EEs interest to allow the move without forcing a new contract.  

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

I agree with you there @Chris_B , but not if there has to be a line installed if it is not there already.

Unfortunately the way this person has behaved in the forums, could give an indication the way he may have spoken to EE, which can also get customer service’s back up, this we do not know, of course, and it is down to EE whether they accept as you and @XRaySpeX have pointed out.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Schockwave   That was my point,  is there a line already there ?  And who makes that decision that you can keep or have to start a new contract even if there is a line there already.   In the wording it say “if we except”  who’s excepting or not excepting.    I totally understand if a new line has to be installed.  

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.