by tryinghard Investigator
Investigator

how do you use your mobile instead of the landline

I have EE mobile and Broadband because I understood that I could use my mobile instead of my landline phone. I find that I need to use the landline more than I want too because the mobile is so unrelieable. My coverage says I should be able to get 4G so mobile usage should be possible. I have been told that I might need to Download something to make it possible. Could someone help me please? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: how do you use your mobile instead of the landline

Have you checked the Network Status Checker there & logged the problem?

Are you able to do WiFi Calling from your mobile?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Have you checked the Network Status Checker there & logged the problem?

Are you able to do WiFi Calling from your mobile?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

Investigator

Sorry but I am not sure what you are asking me. Where am I to look for the Network Status Checker, on the computer or mobile phone. I have never tried WiFi calling. Thanks for your help.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Just click on the link in my post.

Investigator

You asked me to click on your link but there is no link that I can see.

Investigator

Thanks for your help. I used the phone number you gave me to contact the help line and found that all I needed to do was switch on the WI-FI calling status and now it should work.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@tryinghard  The green wording that says Network Status Checker  is the link.   

click the green wording I’ve just posted. 

Investigator

My Status checker was 4g so I should have been able to use the phone as hoped. Now all sorted thanks as EE talked me to switch on WIFI calling. Thanks for your help.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.