by Jackharris3176 Contributor
Contributor

google home mini AP isolation issue

Good afternoon,

I have been trying to set up my Google Home mini.  It will be in my man cave at the bottom of the garden, so the wifi signal is provided by a WAVLINK wifi extender I have connected to my EE BB2.

During the set up of the Google Mini, It says it has connected to the Wifi, but that I need to turn off AP isoilation (Sometimes called guest mode).

I have been to the BB admin settings and I can't find this option anywhere.  Am I missing something, or is this not an option to turn off?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: google home mini AP isolation issue

Hi @Jackharris3176 

It's your WAVLINK wifi extender which is the problem. Have you looked in the settings for this network device?

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Contributor

Hi Northerner,

Yes I have looked at the settings for this, and I couldn't see it as an option to turn on/off.

When doing my research, it looked like this was a setting I had to change at the source- i.e the router.  I assume this is not the case?

by
EE Community Support Team

Morning @Jackharris3176 

Thanks for coming here.

If you get in touch with our Broadband Tech Gurus, they will be able to get this looked into and see what they can do to help.

Let us know how you get on.

Leanne.

Contributor

Hi,

So I contacted the Gurus, and they say that turning off AP isolation is not an option for EE routers.  I think I have found a solution to the issue by resetting it about 20 times, getting mad and shouting at it, and then it seemed to start working.

Not sure that will help anyone else who has the same issue.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Are you using multiple SSIDs & VLANs on the BB2? That's a form of AP isolation.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.