by pantsman28 Investigator
Investigator

dlna blocked to LG 4K TV

Hi, I couldn't find a category regarding the EE Fibre brocadband router.

Since moving over to EE and the new router is now installed. The router seems to be blocking access from my QNAP TS228A NAS box to My LG 4K TV UJ651J The port number being used is 8200.

The NAS box can see the ip of the tv as a receiver but something is blocking it? Any ideas

Have read somewhere to turn off the routers own DLNA? but can't find this setting anywhere?

3 REPLIES 3
by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Re: dlna blocked to LG 4K TV

Hi @pantsman28

sorry you are having issues.  I know it can be frustrating.  I unfortunately don’t have the answer to this problem but hopefully @XRaySpeX could point you in the right direction ? 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@pantsman28: We have so far been unable to find a way to share DLNA media thro' EE's current Smart Hub router yet it was no issue with the previous Brightbox 2 router. There are no settings of the routers to control it.

We recently discussed this in Smart hub dnla media streaming issues .

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by pantsman28 Investigator
Investigator

Found out that it was the EE hub that was causing the problems. Fixed it by setting the NAS & TV to a fixed ip address and turning off the DHCP for these 2 devices.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.