by francis5653 Investigator
Investigator

delays switching to ee

hi,

just wondering why despite numerous calls to customer service and my case keeps being "escalated" i still have no home broadband three weeks after my supposed activation date.

i keep calling and being told there is an exception we need to wait 5 working days to check again but we will escalte afterwoods, yet when i call back again on the new date given for the "error" to be cleared i am just going through the whole thing again, 

so far i think i have been told its been escalated 5 times how much further can it go?

i am supposed to be responsible for the broadband in our shared house and now i have my neighbours coming and asking why after 3 weeks of no internet it is going to be at least another week, now i have to pay for data for their phone out of my pocket due to delays which are not my responibility this is just not good enough.

all i want is an actual date when my broadband "will" go live not just random guesses

8 REPLIES 8
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: delays switching to ee

You are going to have to contact EE. There is no account access on here.

But you are not liable to pay for their data on their phones. I wouldn't. If they use data that is up to them.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
Investigator

internet is included in the rent, or at least supposed to be if we can get it running at some point.

and yes i know contact ee etc but then i just hear the same excuses again with no progress at all.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

This user discussion forum can have no access to your specific a/c & its timescale for installing BB. You will need to keep chasing EE for that.

EE don't actually install your BB, but it is carried out by BT Openreach & is dependant on their availability.

Also see Installing broadband .

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

again i know this and have already posted as such.

what i want is to know what my options are to try to get this sorted as EE seem to not care so what are my options?

wait paitently like i have been?

keep calling customer serice and getting nowhere?

as no service has been provided for 3 weeks ee are in breach of contract so attempt to change provider?

maybe speak to someone to actually get it fixed?

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

If it's been 3 weeks I would call to cancel. And go elsewhere I wouldn' give anyone this long.

But if went is included in the rent then give them a bit of a discount that's is all you are entitled to.

They can't make you pay for their data.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Your only real option is to keep speaking to your provider, like anything.

If you attempt to switch provider you will likely find that BT OR have put an "order in progress" flag on your line that will prevent it going anywhere else until it is removed. More delay :(.

Have you already got a landline? Does the it work? Do you get a dial tone? Does it announce your correct no. when you dial 1470 17070?

Were you migrating from another ISP?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Unfortunatley this forum does not give all the help it could to EE customers as has been already said, no one has access to customer information, staff members are not able to help.

So as a fellow customer, sometimes there can be confusion when taking over a new house/premise/line, and EE's suppliers systems can get their knickers in a twist. A single end point/line can only ever have one instruction on it, so if the last owner asked for a cease on the 15th, then no one else can start an order unitl that order completes.

Alas for you the OP, when things go wrong, unless you ask the right questions, or get someone in the support team to explain what is happening then it is likley to turn into a waiting game.

But feel free to post as much detail as you can, and I am sure people will help as much as they can.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Mustrum

The community is a peer to peer forum where our customers get together to ask and answer questions.

We, as the community team, offer as much help as we can without account access.

@francis5653 - Please get back to us answering @XRaySpeX's questions and we'll do our best to help.

Thank you.

Chris 🙂

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.