by mark2410 Investigator
Investigator

changed plan but old plan shows on account?

I signed up to fibre max2 but im getting wildly less than estimated and lower than the guaranteed minimum so i asked them to move me down to max1 as i cnat get faster than it anyway.  That was a couple weeks ago but my dd is taking the max2 amount and when i log into my account it shows me on max 2 still.

What the F?  is this normal, is it that the plan can only change for the next new month?

or have EE screwed up and not changed me over?

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: changed plan but old plan shows on account?

Hi @mark2410 

You best call EE and ask them about this issue as there is no account access on these forums.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by mark2410 Investigator
Investigator

well i know that but was hoping someone could tell if its normal and will change as of end of month or if i really do need to call them, im not in uk atm so calling them is expensive

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @mark2410.

It could be that the amount will change next month and be correct, but I'd still advise contacting our Broadband Care team to double check so they can give you a definite answer.

Jon

by Grand Master
Grand Master

When did you ask to change to  Max 1? When is your bill posted online? You are billed a month in advance. So it won't change until the bill after you are switched, when you should get a rebate for the period you are on Max 1.

Switching from Max 2 to Max 1 won't change your speeds if you are getting slow speeds, You'll still be getting below the guaranteed minimum speed. All they will be doing is put an 110 Meg cap on your line.

What does BT Broadband Availability Checker estimate for your phone number? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number. If it doesn't recognise your phone number, use the Address Checker, not the Postcode Checker.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by mark2410 Investigator
Investigator

it was a little over 2 weeks ago i asked them to change over to max 1

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @mark2410

Thanks for coming to the community.

Have you spoken to our Broadband Care team?

They will be able to get this checked for you 🙂

Let us know how you get on.

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.