by lloffty5 Investigator
Investigator

cant get my wifi repeater to work with EE router

my wifi repeater that i have will not work with my fibre broad ee router,i can log in to the admin page for the repeater and enter ssid and my password , it saves the info. but when i go to use the repeater in another part of the house it tries to connect but wont. is there any changes i would need to carry out on my ee router(brightbox 2)

thanx in advance

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by lloffty5 Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Re: cant get my wifi repeater to work with EE router

well success at last .i went through everything on the repeaters admin advanced section and where i was asked to enter my EE wifi password hadnt saved as it had to be entered twice in 2 in different boxes ,once the info was entered it saved the info and hey ho bang connected to router.now i have lovelly extended wifi again ..!! many thanks for all the suggestions and comments

9 REPLIES 9
by Grand Master
Grand Master

What is the repeater's IP? Have you reserved it in the Brightbox's DHCP?

Have you disabled DHCP & NAT in the repeater?

What Protocol & the rest of its Settings is the repeater set to?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Employee

Hi @lloffty5 and welcome to the community.

Hope the assistance above from @XRaySpeX will assist in getting your issue resolved.

Many thanks,

Lee

by lloffty5 Investigator
Investigator

HI xray

ive tried for the last couple of days to get this to connect up with some of your suggestions and still nowt haha.logged into the repeaters admin page again and entered the details for my virginmedis wifi (b4 it gets turned off) and no problems,i just enter my vm wifi ssid and vm password and bosh it works a treat.ive done the DHCP entry etc diabled it in the repeater ive turned off firewalls etc security protocols are the same but nowt ..at a loss now 

by
EE Employee

Hi @lloffty5 @XRaySpeX

Not sure If this sounds a silly question, but are WIFI repeaters universal with both Cable style broadband and EE style broadband?

Many thanks,

Lee

by lloffty5 Investigator
Investigator

dont see why they wouldnt be in my mind, your just extending your wifi signal in the house,so it shouldnt make a difference but i will stand corrected if there is a specific 1 for each. !! i may purchase a newer dual channel version so i can extend 2.4ghz and the 5ghz signals 

by
EE Employee

Hi @lloffty5

I'm sure @XRaySpeX will be able to advise 🙂

Many thanks,

Lee

by lloffty5 Investigator
Investigator
Solution

well success at last .i went through everything on the repeaters admin advanced section and where i was asked to enter my EE wifi password hadnt saved as it had to be entered twice in 2 in different boxes ,once the info was entered it saved the info and hey ho bang connected to router.now i have lovelly extended wifi again ..!! many thanks for all the suggestions and comments

by
EE Employee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

There is no need to have same SSID in both main router & repeater. That way you could know which 1 a particular device is connecting to.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.