Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cancel broadband

Skalpel
Contributor
Contributor

Good morning Everyone!

I wish to cancel my broadband.
I try to call customer service but it is not available.
Why can't I cancel online?

16 REPLIES 16
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @Skalpel

Welcome back to the EE Community. 

Are you looking to move to a new provider or cancel home broadband completely?

What happens when you try to contact our customer care team?

Katie 🙂

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

If you no longer want any BB at your location you need to phone EE and give 14 days notice. Use the landline nos. in my sig with the BB option. If you want to migrate your BB to another ISP, except Virgin Media, you apply to them directly & they'll take care of everything bar your final bill.

If you are still within the min. term you will have to pay Early Termination Fees.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Hi Katie!

I have tried several times in the last few days I called customer service.
They had been waiting for me in earlier days because it was congestion. I waited 10 minutes, but I just waited. I called them again this morning, but the login voice informed me, the service is not available today, I will call them tomorrow. 
Unfortunately, this is not a good service, it may be easier to do it online.

I want to completely cancel the service because I moved to a new location and here I already have internet service.

The sad thing about it all is that I’ve already moved, I don’t use EE broadband, but I will continue to pay for it until I manage to cancel it.

You may write to them giving your notice of cancellation at:

EE Customer Services
6 Camberwell Way
Sunderland
Tyne and Wear
SR3 3XN
United Kingdom

Include your name, address, EE account number and/or EE landline number.

Your 14-days notice will be taken from when they receive your letter.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thank you! I know these possibilities from what you write to me, but that’s not the answer to my question. What hinders EE in online service?

EE offers no online cancellation.

I have also been trying to cancel for a week and can not get to speak to someone and there is no cancellation option online.

I am out of contract and have already signed up with a new provider which starts on the 1/9/20 so need to cancel asap. As i can't do this i will be forced to cancel my payment as have no other option and feel i am being prevented from giving you the correct notice period.

@baker926 : As long as your new ISP is not VM, you don't cancel your EE BB. They do it all for you bar paying your final EE bill. Don't cancel your DD!

Actually as I am swapping to FFTP (Fibre to premises) i was told by my new supplier that i had to personally cancel the contract as it doesn't swap over, the phone does but not the broadband.