by chloexxx

can i change the position of router

hi

i cant receive wifi signal in my bedroom. My router is in the living room. Can i just move the router into my roiom or can i get another router in my bedroom?

thanks 

2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: can i change the position of router

The router should be plugged into the master phone socket. Is that's what's near your living room? Do you have an extension phone socket in the bedroom? You could try that but it's not recommended.

You can't have 2 routers on the same BB line.

Have you considered Wireless Range Extenders ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Dragonfly Contributor
Contributor

Re: can i change the position of router

The range of a wireless signal is increased dramatically if the router is positioned high up.

We have the router on top of a 6ft bookcase near the front of our house, and have no problems with range, we can even get a decent signal at the end of our garden.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.