by jonnysmig Investigator
Investigator

broadband upload error

Hi,

I have an issue uploading some photos to photobox.co.uk and hotmail.com (not tried other sites).  It used to work fine but now have issues.

I've picked a sample photo and connected my laptop to my EE mobile telephone (mobile hotspot) and can successfully upload the photo to both hotmail.com (as an email attachment) and photobox.co.uk.  When I connect my laptop to by EE home broadband and try to upload the same photo it gets an upload error (but no error details) to both photobox.co.uk and hotmail.com.

Any ideas on how I could debug / solve this?

Thanks

Jon

9 REPLIES 9
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: broadband upload error

Hi @jonnysmig 

Is your laptop connected to WiFi and the internet? Can you browse other websites?

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

Please post your full router stats.

For a BrightBox: login and go to Advanced Settings/ System/ DSL Status. Also post 'System Uptime' from top of System Log page.

For a SmartHub: login and go to Advanced Settings/ Technical Log/ Information.

Full router stats are key to any speed & connection issues.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Yes. I can "surf" fine

Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @jonnysmig

Thanks for coming to the community,

Do you have the photo saved to your laptop?

Can you upload a different picture?

Leanne.

Investigator

Hi Leanne

Yes, the photo is on my laptop. I have tried uploading multiple different photos all with the same end game unfortunately.

I'm at work at the moment but will post my router stats when I get home

Thanks

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks @jonnysmig

Have you spoken to our Broadband Gurus to get this looked into further?

Leanne 🙂

Investigator

Stats below as requested.  Any help / advice will be very well received

STATUS  Configured CurrentLine StatusLink TypeOperation Mode
--UP
--Fast Path
AutomaticG.992.5 (ADSL2+)
DATA RATE INFORMATIONUpstreamDownstream
787 (Kbps)
11995 (Kbps)
DEFECT/FAILURE INDICATIONOperation Data Upstream DownstreamNoise MarginLine Attenuation
9.8 (dB)4.3 (dB)
17.0 (dB)36.0 (dB)

Indicator Name Near End Indicator Far End IndicatorOutput PowerFast Path FEC CorrectionInterleaved Path FEC CorrectionFast Path CRC ErrorInterleaved Path CRC ErrorLoss Of Signal DefectFast Path HEC Error STRInterleaved Path HEC ErrorError Seconds
12.7 (dBm)0.0 (dBm)
----
----
----
STATISTICSReceived DataTransmitted Data
34359738 (Kbits)
32373394 (Kbits)

System Uptime is: 478:03:46

Investigator

Not yet @Leanne_T 

I'll call tomorrow if I get chance when they're open

I just thought I'd try the power of the forum first 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Well, you do have a low upstream sync speed. It's usually around 1200 Kbps. That's the problem with standard ADSL BB. It has a low upstream speed & so it's not suited for heavy uploads. How big is the photo?

You surf fine cuz surfing is mainly downloading.

I bet if you do a speed test on your mobile you'll find it has an upstream speed well in the Megs.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.