by LJ83
Explorer

broadband increase

Hi.

I  ve got and email that state price increase of HomeBroadband with EE from 26.06.2019

My question is :

do i have to privide notice of 14 days as advisor from EE told me or i dont have to provide notice like Vodafone chat advisor told me ?

When can i leave EE ? NOW ? After 14 days , or i dont have to provide notice and i can place order with Vodafone and they will switch from EE ?

Thank You.

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: broadband increase

Hi @LJ83 

Please see EE guide.

We’ll close your account the day you request to leave or as soon as your new account goes live if you’re switching supplier on the same line.

If you’re out of contact, your EE account closes 14 days after you request to leave or as soon as your new account goes live if you’re switching supplier on the same line.

You can still check your old bills online for six months after you leave us.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by LJ83
Explorer

still no answer to my question if i have to provide notice or not if its switch to vodafone.

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@LJ83 

We’ll close your account the day you request to leave or as soon as your new account goes live if you’re switching supplier on the same line.

If your moving to Voda then your EE account will close as soon as your new account with Voda goes live.   You don’t need to give notice to EE yourself as when voda take over the line EE will know you've closed the account with them.    If your still unsure just allow Voda to do everything for you. 

If you wish to call EE and give notice to close your account on a set date that’s upto you and you can do so if you choose. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Northerner wrote:

Please see EE guide.

What that doesn't say is "& charge you ETFs accordingly". You need to go to the T&Cs for the true picture.

However that is not appropriate here as that guide is for a normal cancellation & this will be 1 brought on by a detrimental price change.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

As you will be migrating to a new ISP, you do not need to give EE any notice but It would be best to just inform EE you are doing this as a result of the price increase being detrimental so that you are not charged any early termination fee.

You may set this in motion now as you've received the price increase email from EE giving you the option to leave FoC.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.