by TrickyTrish Investigator
Investigator

bridge case

begginning of september I was with Talk Talk renewed my contract with them even told me they would add a speed boost within 24 hours ....   

24 hours later my broadband went off (not been on since grrr) endless phone calls and they did try to help at first sent an engineer, sent a new router etc just kept telling me to wait 24 hours for a call back etc, told me this 6 days in a row grrr to say I was getting annoyed and nobody seemed to be doing anything about it and never a call back as promised this was around the 20th sept I told them to stick there contract 

24th sept I signed up with you guys and was told my going live date would be 9th october unfortunatly  thats never happened either apparently its a bt/openreach problem bridge case but nobody is even telling me what the problem is and why theres such a delay and its so frustrating and costing us a fortune in mobile data grr 

so 2 months and no home broadband and no answers why theres such a delay on it it worked ok wont say it was perfect but it worked reasonably well  with talk talk before this happened it did go off now and again but I expect that with all broadband companies really none of them are perfect ..lol I've been with loads of different ones over the years, 

just wish someone could give me some answers as to whats happening and why such a long delay and what the problem is just feel like I'm left in limbo not knowing anything or when I'll actually have a connection grrr but to be fair here your customer service has been so much better than Talk Talk as been and keep ringing me with updates but saying that its not good news grrr because all they can say is will be a few more days and ring me again its like there as much in the dark as I am  but thats not your customer services fault its all down to BT/Openreach etc 

sorry for the big rant but its so frustrating not having no broadband for 2 months and not even knowing what the problem is grrr 

thanks all 

20 REPLIES 20
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: bridge case

Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

4. What does BT Broadband Availability Checker estimate for your phone number? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number. If it doesn't recognise your phone number, use the Address Checker, not the Postcode Checker.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Hi 

thanks for reply but 

I cant do any of that as I dont even have a router or home connection as yet wish I did 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Sorry, I thought you said you eventually got BB from EE but on rereading it I see you haven't. Can you do at least step 4.? It might show up something about Bridge Case.

Does the phone work? Do you get a dial tone? Does it announce your correct no. when you dial 1470 17070?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

hi 

yeah my phone works no problem but still got the same number as I had with Talk Talk tho so I'm not even sure if its with you or Talk Talk still 

Investigator

the checker says 

there is no data available for this number, this could be because its not either a BT line or it is a new BT number that has just been provided most BT numbers will appear 24 hours on the checker after they have been installed 

when I ring that number it does give me the right number too 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

17070 on TT would give a different intro if it works at all. If it introduced itself as "Welcome to Openreach line test facilities" it's on EE. 

Investigator

ah thats good to know its deffinetly with EE then thanks 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Shame! Try the Address Checker. 

Investigator

where do I find the adress checker please have you got a link for it please? 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

It's linked at foot of page I gave you link to. 

Investigator

thanks it says it available with a table of speeds etc if that helps thanks 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

May I see the table and the line above it? 

Investigator

broadband checker.png

by Grand Master
Grand Master

All EE BB is available from your addy. Pity it won't do a phone no. check which would tell us something about something called "Bridge Taps".

Would you Check your availability at BT Retail Broadband Availability using your phone no. & report back what it offers you & any remarks it makes about your landline?

Investigator

I hav'nt put my phone number in as they said they would call me (dont need BT calling me as I'm already signed up with EE) but I did it by address only and this is what come up 

You can get speeds up to 80Mb with Superfast Fibre 2, and you can get BT TV. 

EE actually called me earlier today too and said hopefully my 8th november the bridge case will be closed and hopefully get me up and running but saying that I'm not holding my breath 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Sorry, address checkers are no good to us. We can do that with BTw anyway. It's only phone line checkers that might shed some light on your "Bridge Case".

I'm only asking you to that with BTr as BTw is refusing to do it.

Investigator

well put my phone number in and postcode and still just came up the same 

tick Great news

You can get speeds up to 80Mb with Superfast Fibre 2, and you can get BT TV.

Change address

Hide more about your speed details

Fibre broadband

Download Speed:

64Mb-80Mb

Estimated download speed range*

Minimum Speed:

58Mb

Standard broadband

Download Speed:

1Mb-4Mb

Estimated download speed range*

Minimum Speed:

1Mb

This speed is an estimate, but it should be accurate to within 1 or 2 Mb Learn more

just deleted my address off it 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Sorry, can't go any further with this without seeing a phone no. check. You could keep trying the BT Broadband Availability Checker for your phone number occasionally. It might come on stream.

Investigator

ok thanks this is screen shot for it altho deleted my phone number again checker.png

what does access line ID mean and UPRN mean?

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.