Broadband & Landline

Post here to ask/answer questions around home broadband and landline

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Need Help with Your Home Broadband Speed or Connection?

To effectively help you with any Broadband speed or connection issues we would need to see some hard data about your line after carrying out a few short tests for starters, which will enable us to diagnose the problem and advise you further.   Using ...

NTE5_fl NTE5_all_2 Capture.JPG Capture2.JPG
XRaySpeX by Grand Master
  • 2 replies
  • 10 Helpful

Changing Your WiFi Password on a Smart Hub

You may have seen in the News that some ISPs have had a security breach whereby their users' routers WiFi passwords have been hacked. You might want to change the WiFi password of your EE Smart Hub router in case a similar attack is made against EE's...

XRaySpeX by Grand Master
  • 7 replies
  • 12 Helpful

Another NAT-Loopback Saga

This post is my last ditch attempt before replacing the EE Smart hub.Im trying to circumvent nat-loopback but having little success,I've setup a local DNS server, and setup a static route for the problematic server ( synology NAS ), Interestingly thi...

Complete loss of network

Today I called EE with problems with my network router working that was checked but we still can’t find our network to join all our devices we have tried every thing Lights are aqua blue but every time we search nothing we have reset the router all c...

Pea76 by Investigator
  • 9 replies
  • 4 Helpful

Toniebox

Hello, I have been trying to setup my daughters new toniebox. It only connects using the 2.4ghz. I have the ee smart hub and have checked the settings and both 2.4 & 5ghz is up and running. For some reason the toniebox just doesn't want to pick up th...

Dmerison by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 2 Helpful

Resolved! EE SH replacement

Good afternoon, I am looking at swapping out my EE SH for a new Router (Netgear R7800) I know that I will need a modem for this as this is just a Router. Are there any recommendations on what I can use or any standard I need to follow when searching ...

BluntEXE by Contributor
  • 7 replies
  • 1 Helpful

Firewall Ip addresses and Ports for Wifi Calling

My firewall blocks all inbound and outbound communication, except standard http/https, as a result wifi calling is blocked. for security reason I don't want to open ports 500 and 4500 (associated with wifi calling) to all ip addresses. Can someone le...

5J8 by Investigator
  • 9 replies
  • 9 Helpful

Cat 8 Ethernet

Hi, I've just recieved a new EE Smart Router as part of an upgrade to Fibre, I need a longer ethenet cable to connect to my TV, the only one I have is a 3m Cat 8 ethernet cable. My question is will this work OK, I don't mean at Cat 8 speeds, I just m...

ANM8 by Investigator
  • 8 replies
  • 1 Helpful

Landline

My landline is dead, but when I ring it on my mobile, somebody else is answering it. EE have given my number to somebody else…. Strange but true

JF36 by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful