Broadband & Landline

Post here to ask/answer questions around home broadband and landline

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Need Help with Your Home Broadband Speed or Connection?

To effectively help you with any Broadband speed or connection issues we would need to see some hard data about your line after carrying out a few short tests for starters, which will enable us to diagnose the problem and advise you further.   Using ...

NTE5_fl NTE5_all_2 Capture.JPG Capture2.JPG
XRaySpeX by Grand Master
  • 2 replies
  • 10 Helpful

Changing Your WiFi Password on a Smart Hub

You may have seen in the News that some ISPs have had a security breach whereby their users' routers WiFi passwords have been hacked. You might want to change the WiFi password of your EE Smart Hub router in case a similar attack is made against EE's...

XRaySpeX by Grand Master
  • 7 replies
  • 12 Helpful

Broadband

My new router came, they said at EE I didn't have a phone line, which I do, so said they would send an engineer 11/07 between 8am-1pm, so I waited all day,never came,I've tried to do it myself, I had an old router which is the only wire that would fi...

Luna23 by Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Helpful

Homeless in a week.

My rent has increased beyond my ability to afford to keep the tenancy , thus i shall be homeless having been unable to find a place in my budget in the timescale given  . I have 6 months left on my broadband contract. Is it possible to end the contra...

Resolved! Broadband deals

I see another broadband deal for £18 less than what I'm paying ATM. Do ee come and go with deals when I tell them I can get a better deal elsewhere. Thanks.

Resolved! Re: Broadband order

I am in the same predicament.  Ordered 9 days ago no confirmation email and as such no order number to track it with. Spoke to someone a week ago who could see an order had been placed but could not see any other details and then tried to sell me BT ...

mikeyk64 by Investigator
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Helpful

Cancelling Broadband, Do I Need To Give Notice?

Hey! I can't seem to find this information anywhere online and feels silly having to call for such a simple question. My broadband contract with EE ended ages ago and I have been paying monthly ever since. I've realised I'm paying over £10 more a mon...

Unable to connect to 192.168.1.254

Hi I'm looking to check my router settings but I'm unable to connect to the above page. Access to the internet and online services are fine, but it's just this page.  I get the below error and I don't understand why this is. I really don't want to re...

W1lkesy by Visitor
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Helpful

BT contract left me with £113 bill…..

Just looking for some help as I transferred my broadband from Vodafone to EE (via BT) after visiting an EE store to upgrade my daughters phone. I asked three times if I needed to contact Vodafone to close my broadband account and repeatedly told no  ...

HSI by Investigator
  • 14 replies
  • 6 Helpful

Brightbox 2 with Mesh WiFi Router

I've got a Brightbox2 (BB2) with EE Fibre and looking to add a separate mesh WiFi router to enhance coverage. Is there a good way to make the BB2 a modem only? Searched on here and looks to be different views.  Seems there is no single "switch" for m...

swissy by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 2 Helpful

Access of USB Hard Drive on Bright Box 2

HiI’m trying to access a USB hard drive plugged into my Bright Box 2.  From reading other posts there seems to be a missing menu in the router software.The hard drive shows up, “shared as” is “- -“ amd there is no “share” button to the right or any U...