15-02-2017 05:58 PM
hello, i have contacted my gaming router netduma because i have been having alot of issues with gaming. i then do a pingplotter test to show the results. the netduma team then tell me to tell you about the issue and how i am losing alot of packets, they have also told me to stress about how i have such a bad line and that ee is accounatble for it. i am having high ping up to 400ms that lasts up to one and a half seconds, is there anything ee can do about it as it affects my gaming http://i.imgur.com/Uvn7tuu.png
15-02-2017 06:13 PM
@LoopyLinney: If you would like help with your BB speed or connection issues, please would you carry out the following steps for starters, which will enable us to diagnose the problem and advise you further. Do not restart your router to do these tests:
1. Post your full router stats. For a BrightBox: login and go to Advanced Settings/ System/ DSL Status. Also post 'System Uptime' from top of System Log page. Full router stats are key to any speed & connection issues.
2. Try a wired speedtest here http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest.html and copy to here just the "Link to this result:" link.
3. What exchange are you connected to? If you don't know use: http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange_search and post the URL of your exchange page.
4. What is your ping to BBC.co.uk?
5. What is your tracert to your game server?
15-02-2017 10:37 PM - edited 15-02-2017 10:38 PM
Do the same for BBC.co.uk.
16-02-2017 03:20 PM
Is that all it says? The idea of tracert is to see the route it takes to your game server.
What is your game server? Let me try.
16-02-2017 04:43 PM
Whatever your systems connect to in order to play your game.
17-02-2017 12:15 PM
No error messages come up it connects fine it just lags because of packet loss, I found this out as I co reacted netduma (gaming router that I use) and they said that there is lots of packet loss from EE and I'm on a bad line
17-02-2017 12:39 PM - edited 17-02-2017 12:39 PM
What is the URL or IP addy that your game connects to when you are playing it? Xbox Live is just Microsift's website about the Xbox.
17-02-2017 02:39 PM
Dunno, I don't use an XBox. Perhaps some other user here who does might know.
by Hotstuff40 yesterday
by tetleyn 2 weeks ago