by
Investigator

alot of packet loss

hello, i have contacted my gaming router netduma because i have been having alot of issues with gaming. i then do a pingplotter test to show the results. the netduma team then tell me to tell you about the issue and how i am losing alot of packets, they have also told me to stress about how i have such a bad line and that ee is accounatble for it. i am having high ping up to 400ms that lasts up to one and a half seconds, is there anything ee can do about it as it affects my gaming http://i.imgur.com/Uvn7tuu.png

17 REPLIES
by
Grand Master

Re: alot of packet loss

@LoopyLinney: If you would like help with your BB speed or connection issues, please would you carry out the following steps for starters, which will enable us to diagnose the problem and advise you further. Do not restart your router to do these tests:

1. Post your full router stats. For a BrightBox: login and go to Advanced Settings/ System/ DSL Status. Also post 'System Uptime' from top of System Log page. Full router stats are key to any speed & connection issues.

2. Try a wired speedtest here http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest.html and copy to here just the "Link to this result:" link.

3. What exchange are you connected to? If you don't know use: http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange_search and post the URL of your exchange page.

4. What is your ping to BBC.co.uk?

5. What is your tracert to your game server?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 020 7362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
by
Investigator

http://imgur.com/zc1WVXD that is the DSL Status for you
by
Investigator

by
Investigator

[ Edited ]
by
Investigator

i dont know my tracert and i dont know how to find it

by
Investigator

when im connected to bbc my pingplotter test varies from 80ms to 100ms

by
Grand Master

[ Edited ]
  • Windows: In a command window type tracert followed by the IP or URL of your game server.
  • Unix or OSX: In a command window type traceroute followed by the IP or URL of your game server.

Do the same for BBC.co.uk.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 020 7362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
by
Investigator

it says over a maximum of 30 hops then it says

1        14ms         9ms        3ms       R1.lan (IP address)

by
Grand Master

Is that all it says? The idea of tracert is to see the route it takes to your game server.

What is your game server? Let me try.

by
Investigator

what do you mean by game server? Xbox live?

by
Grand Master

Whatever your systems connect to in order to play your game.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @LoopyLinney

If you are playing on XBOX One, have you taken a look at the Multiplayer Issues Guide?

Many thanks,

Lee

by
Investigator

My system connects to Xbox live

by
Investigator

No error messages come up it connects fine it just lags because of packet loss, I found this out as I co reacted netduma (gaming router that I use) and they said that there is lots of packet loss from EE and I'm on a bad line

by
Grand Master

[ Edited ]

What is the URL or IP addy that your game connects to when you are playing it? Xbox Live is just Microsift's website about the Xbox.

by
Investigator

I don't know. How do I find that out??

by
Grand Master

Dunno, I don't use an XBox. Perhaps some other user here who does might know.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.