by thegrimsh
Explorer

Would EE ring a customer to say they are going to be cut off?

Hi my grandma has received a call yesterday and today saying that her home phone and broadband is going to be cut off because she doesn't use them often, I personally think this is could be a scam but any advice would be much appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Would EE ring a customer to say they are going to be cut off?

It sounds like  a scam. ISPs don't care how much you are using their service as long as you are paying for it. Best for her to call EE & check it out.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by thegrimsh
Explorer

Thank you for your quick reply will give them a call.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

EE may not speak to you unless she has already pre-authorised it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by thegrimsh
Explorer

Just phoned EE and they said it sounds like a scam and they would send letters if they were going to cut you off for any reason. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.