by Iuli
Visitor

Worst ever upgrade

I ve upgraded my ee broadband from standard to fibre plus. Now i have higher speed but connection is not stable at all. I can not have a smooth browsing or streaming video calls via skipe. Engineer came, verified and said everything is alright. I use just 1 laptop and 2 smartphones, but not all in same time. What i should do?

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: Worst ever upgrade

Hello @Iuli,

Welcome to the community,

Have you checked this thread, and can you provide the information needed to get some help?

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Broadband-home-phone/Need-Help-with-Your-Home-Broadband-Speed-or-Conne...

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Re: Worst ever upgrade

When you upgrade you will probably have been put on a 10 day Dynamic Line Management - this optimises your connection speed to just high enough to be stable.  In the first days the speed will fluctuate trying to find a stable sweet spot.  I am guessing you are in that early period.  I am surprised the engineer did not explain this, not try to find a reason for your instability, other than saying - everything looks fine (not helpful!)    Don't reboot the router, just leave the connection as it is and monitor and log the speeds each day.    By day 7 it should be stable.

Before you come back to this thread.. make sure you have the data statistics to give us an idea of what your set up is.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.