by bluefox72 Investigator
Investigator

Worried I will lose my email address.

Hi, I am about to switch to EE but I am worried I will lose my email address. BT state "You'll also lose your free BT email address". The Email address I have is a blueyonder one. can thay take this off of me?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Re: Worried I will lose my email address.

Hello @bluefox72 your Blueyonder email address always remains the property of Blueyonder (now Virgin Media) no matter who your BB provider is at the time. BT and EE have no power or control over it and can not take it off you or hijack it. 🙂

13 REPLIES 13
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, when you leave BT BB you lose your free BT email addy unless you sign up for BT Premium Mail @ £5 / month - see What is BT Premium Mail and how do I get it?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Even though I had a this blueyonder email address before I signed up to B.T?

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

I used to be with BT. I have a bt internet email address.

I haven't lost it or been charged.

But they do state you would be so I may just be a lucky one.

Soon they ask me to pay is the day I cancel it.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by
EE Community Support Team

Great answer @XRaySpeX

Hope that sorts everything out for you @bluefox72

Cheers

Richard

🙂

Investigator

Hi, no not really solved. I do not have a B.T. email address I have a blueyonder one. I am asking if BT have hijacked it and will the start trying to charge me for it when I move to EE.

by

I'm not too sure about that one @bluefox72

Maybe @XRaySpeX can help clear this one up please?

Richard

🙂

by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Hello @bluefox72 your Blueyonder email address always remains the property of Blueyonder (now Virgin Media) no matter who your BB provider is at the time. BT and EE have no power or control over it and can not take it off you or hijack it. 🙂

Investigator

Many thanks. You have put my mind at rest.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

You are welcome @bluefox72 come back to the community anytime if there is anything else you would like to know. 🙂

by

Glad you got the help you needed from the community @bluefox72

Have a lovely day 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

It's your BT email addy, which you get with BT BB whether you use it or not,  that you will be losing. Your Blueyonder email addy is nowt to do with BT.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Just need to add that Virgin Media normally disconnect BlueYonder email addresses 90 days after you leave them.  If it's still working many months after you left them then it could be disconnected by them without any further warning. 

I'm just making the move from VM to EE but have already arranged email addresses for my family outside any ISP so we don't have to worry about old BlueYonder email. 

:: Fibre Plus Broadband & EE TV + Essential Plan 500MB
by
EE Employee

Hi @Gordon57 and welcome back to the community.

Thank you for your advice on this one.

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.