by milg1989
Explorer

Wirelessly connect a second router

Hi. I have an EE bright box 2 connected to my master phone socket. I ordered another router and I received an EE smart hub for my sons bedroom so he can get better Internet signal. But I have no phone sockets upstairs and to know how to connect the smart hub to the bb2 wirelessly (kind of like a WiFi extender) I don't really know a lot about this sort of stuff.

5 REPLIES 5
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Wirelessly connect a second router

Hi @milg1989.

Welcome to the community 🙂

If you've got no socket available, have you considered just using a WiFi Extender upstairs?

They only require a power source and are usually very easy to use.

Jon

by milg1989
Explorer

Yeah I thought of that but not until I already got the smart hub. Just
thought there might be a way to use the smart hub now I have it
by
EE Community Support Team

I see, @milg1989.

I'm not sure of a way to use the Smarthub without a broadband socket available.

Another community user may be able to help you with this.

Jon

by milg1989
Explorer

OK thanks anyway
by Grand Master
Grand Master

As far as I know there is no way to connect 2 routers wirelessly; only by Ethernet.

Even if you had another phone socket you can't put 2 routers on the same BB line.

WiFi range extenders are the way to go.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.