Highlighted
by Lukey1987 Investigator
Investigator

Will ee remove my linked address from my credit file?

I moved from my previous address 4 years ago the new people have applied for credit in names similar to mine which has linked them with me. Will we remove the linked address from my file? 

6 REPLIES 6
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Will ee remove my linked address from my credit file?

Hi @Lukey1987.

Do you have a contract with EE yourself?

Have you already spoken with our customer care team about this?

Jon

by Grand Master
Grand Master

1. Your credit history should not affect others even with similar names at the same addy.
  2. If the credit reference agencies have mistakenly linked them then the new people should raise corrections with them to unlink them.
  3. Even if EE remove your old addy from their files, the information about your default will stay on your report for six years, even if you eventually paid off this debt. 
__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Hi yes spoke with them a little while ago he said my old address was listed on your system as an associatd address so he erased it for me. The issue I had was I moved from this address 4 years ago and the new people at my old adress have recently used names similar to mine to gain credit and they have defaulted this has then been linked to me as ee had me as an associate of the address hopefully now it’s been erased this will all come off. Would you know if it would come off the customer service operator seemed to suggest that it would? 

Investigator

Thanks please see my reply to John K 

Investigator

I personally do not have any defaults at my new or old address.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Lukey1987.

This would need to be looked at by our customer care team and they would investigate it.

They would be able to tell you if the default had been removed or not, I am not able to access your personal information on here.

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.