by vixfi85
Visitor

Wifi extender - hit me with your reviews!

Hi guys and gals.

So I have a BB1 router that delivers 2mb/s (arrrrggghhhhh!!!) in basically a dead space room, elsewhere it's ok.

So I'm looking to see what people recommend to buy to extend the range. 

Now I know EE offer a BT wifi hotspot thing for 70 quid but that's a wired powerline and ideally, I was looking for something wireless like the TP Link or Netgear extenders you see on Amazon with the little aerials. £30 is cheaper than £70! 

Can anyone recommend a unit? Please give make and model code if possible. The unit will only support 1 or two devices in that room only.

Thanks in advance and all that jazz stuff. 

2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Wifi extender - hit me with your reviews!

The BT Whole Home WI-FI Mesh system on offer in the EE Shop for £200 is not a Powerline extender but an extensive WiFi AP where only the 1st node is connected to the router.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Legend
Legend

Re: Wifi extender - hit me with your reviews!

@vixfi85

You are better off investing in a better router which will provide cover and last you longer than WiFi extenders.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.