Highlighted
by Contributor
Contributor

WiFi buffering and lag

Hi, so I got EE fibre plus broadband 2 weeks ago, and that package is average 67mbs. I have the smart hub, and I mainly play games on a PS4, watch Netflix, and use IPad and iPhone for YouTube and using safari. Playing online games and using Netflix, have been fine with no buffering or lag, however YouTube on iPad often buffers, and pages don’t load properly on safari? My smart hub has always been Aqua blue so it hasn’t disconnected once. I have had no issues on PS4 and Netflix, but when using an iPad and iPhone, safari, webpages and YouTube or any apps, have been either buffering or stopped working. I have turned the WiFi off in settings on my devices, which does the trick, but it is annoying as I have to keep doing this, as it buffers all the time on this specific devices. I am paying for a fibre plus (67mbs) package, so I don’t understand why I have been buffering. I have ran many speed tests on ookla, which have been between the 61-71 mbs range? Any suggestions or thoughts?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor
Solution

Re: WiFi buffering and lag

Separating the wireless channels normally fixes this especially with Apple equipment. Go to Advanced / Wireless Settings page of the SH, there is a button near the top to Separate the Bands. Turn it ON.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor
Solution

Separating the wireless channels normally fixes this especially with Apple equipment. Go to Advanced / Wireless Settings page of the SH, there is a button near the top to Separate the Bands. Turn it ON.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
by Contributor
Contributor

Ok mate, will try this and get back to you

edit- I have turned it on. Will get back to you if the problem persists. Thanks for the info, it’s really helpful during these tough times!

Highlighted
by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

Happy to help. Let us know if it works for you.

Highlighted
by Contributor
Contributor

Thanks seems to have done the trick

Highlighted
by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

Good to hear.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.