by carolorange1

Why have I been charged for Wireless & Talk - Evenings & Weekends?

I havn't heard back from a email I sent you.

I have noticed on my bill (05/03/2017 and 05/04/2017) that you are now charging me for Broadband Starter Price Plan, Broadband Only. £25.50.

On previous bills I see you have charged me each month for a £4.09 charge for Wireless & Talk - Evenings & Weekends. I can see this has been on every bill for up to 2015 as well as the Broadband Starter Price Plan price. (I can only see this far online) However I do think I have been charged earlier than this as I remember seeing this on bills. 

I have never had a home phone line with EE nor Orange/wanadoo (which was whom I started my account with before it was taken over by EE). I have had the same account for since around 2006. I never understood what this meant and just paid the bill believing this was correct for broadband and line rental and paid my phone line separately with BT. I didn't realize this was for phone calls, which I have never made because my phone line is with BT. And have never been corrected when I have been in contact with EE.

If this is the case then I believe I have been overcharged.

I wish to stay on the same Broadband Starter Price Plan at the same price,Broadband Only, as I have been charged this month. I am very happy with my EE broadband and your company as a whole.

I also wish to keep my home phone line with BT.

My question is why have I been charged the £4.09 Wireless & Talk - Evenings & Weekends when I have never had a phone with you and have never made any phone calls using my EE plan as it proves on my account/bills.

2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Why have I been charged for Wireless & Talk - Evenings & Weekends?

@carolorange1 wrote:

just paid the bill believing this was correct for broadband and line rental and paid my phone line separately with BT.

Why didn't you query this earlier, knowing you have your line rental & calls with BT?

Do you have a Livebox router? That comes with a VoIP phone. I wonder if it has something to do with that. EE don't actually sell any Wireless product on Home BB. They do provide a Wireless router but that's just for Wireless within your own home, not a service provided by EE.

I seem to remember in Wanadoo/Orange days they did sell BB + Calls (Evenings & Weekends) hosted on an existing landline from another provider to whom you paid just the line rental.

This user discussion forum can have no access to your specific a/c. You will need to phone EE to query this mysterious extra.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Employee

Re: Why have I been charged for Wireless & Talk - Evenings & Weekends?

Hi and welcome to the Community @carolorange1

Here on the Communtiy we do not have any customer account access.

So we would need you to give Customer Services a quick call to look into the charges for you.

Many thanks,

Lee

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.