by D3009 Investigator
Investigator

Why does landline internet allow me access to my bank but LTE access does not

Hi all,

Had a weird one today, my daughter could not access her internet banking web site via LTE, as it happens I have a backup connection in the same router over the landline (also provided by EE but Openreach the underlying provider) and this works absolutely fine. will double check the firewall rules on the WAN connections but nothing has changed of late and it has worked in the past from both WAN connections. 

URL: https://internetbanking.tsb.co.uk/personal/logon/login/

error:

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://internetbanking.tsb.co.uk/personal/logon/login/" on this server.

Reference #18.448e7b5c.1569589597.6a847aa1

Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Why does landline internet allow me access to my bank but LTE access does no

@D3009   I’ve just tried your link to access TSB and it worked for me via LTE. 

by D3009 Investigator
Investigator

Re: Why does landline internet allow me access to my bank but LTE access does no

Hey Chris, many thanks for the fast response and confirmation of your access via LTE. Guess it can only be my firewall or for some reason been blacklisted on the TSB site. Will do some digging to see if I can pin point the issue.

by D3009 Investigator
Investigator

Just done some further investigation, all the discussions on the error tend to refer to browser settings etc. however in this case that is not so as by switching between WANs one works the other doesn't same browser, same settings. Only difference I could come across was on the routing, LTE had 16 hops and bounced around a different area in the EE network to the landline which had 12 hops.

Anyway have inserted a new rule into the router taking all banking traffic via landline and not over LTE. This works but doesn't resolve the underlying issue. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

It might be an EE IPv6 issue. EE has introduced IPv6 on its 4G mobile network, but it doesn't fall-back to IPv4 nicely. Can you change the Profile/APN on your EE devices to APN Protocol = IPv4 only or switch them down to 3G?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by D3009 Investigator
Investigator

Dear XRay,

You most certainly can have a thumbs up, the router I'm using is a Draytek, current settings for IPv6 is 'Offline' as I only configured for IPv4, The settings for Access Mode was 2G/3G/4G, by setting to 3G only works fine, setting it to 4G or leaving it in multi mode fails. So if I understand correctly, if EE are supporting IPv6 on 4G, may be worth my while to configure IPv6 for LTE on the router and set access mode to 4G only. Comments welcome

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Suck it & see!

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.