Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Why do I need a landline phone?

Many users get their Broadband & don't give a thought to the landline, despite without it they wouldn't have BB. Then the BB starts playing up often due to the phone never being used on the landline.

After long periods without any electric current passing down the line, joints can become oxidised & corroded. This could impair the Broadband sharing the same line.

So, it's worth buying a cheap corded handset, which can often be had for about £5, & making the occasional call to "wet" the line. Also having a handset is invaluable for helping diagnose Broadband faults. This could well save you the cost (about £130) of an engineer call-out finding the fault lay within your home.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
3 REPLIES 3
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Why do I need a landline phone?

This is great @XRaySpeX 

I am going to look at this myself.

Thank you 

Richard

🙂

by R-ainbow24 Contributor
Contributor

Not made a landline call in years in fact don’t even think it’s plugged in anymore so this confused me - if it’s running thru  same earthier/cable surely being on the phone your blocking that signal line? (Broadband?) 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

No, @R-ainbow24 , BB & voice use completely different ranges of frequencies. There's no overlap.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.