by Ipap2

Why can't existing, long serving customers upgrade to the new EE Smart Hub?

Thought you were supposed to look after your customers!  I've had my landline/broadband and 3 mobiles with EE for more than 10 years, so have paid out alot of money to EE. Where's the acknowldegment of brand loyalty from EE?.  These days Customer Service is so important for most organisations and a significant differentiator for those brands who understand and appreciate customer loyalty.  If the issue is of supply then perhaps EE should learn some lessons from the technology brands like Apple, Samsung, Amazon, Google etc who could not afford and would not exist if they had this approach.

Maybe its time for a change?  I hope not as EE do have alot of strengths but frustrating loyal customers is not reinforcing brand loyalty. 

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Why can't existing, long serving customers upgrade to the new EE Smart Hub?

@Ipap2   If there is nothing wrong with your existing hub then there is no need to change it to a more new version.  The only time you’ll get it upgraded to a newer model is when that device can not have any more software upgrades and so become obsolete or when EE like other  broadband providers upgrade their infrastructure and the old model can no longer operate at peak performance.   

I had the same router from virgin Media for 8 years even though they had 2 newer versions in that time, ( I even tried to get a newer model and I was declined because there was nothing wrong with the one I had )  I only got the newest model because I had too have it for the new V6 box. 

Highlighted
by Profile closed
Not applicable

EE are currently only offering the new smarthub for new fibre customers and those customers who upgrade from ADSL to fibre.

Give it a few months though and in general most ISP's start letting existing customers have the latest router; sometimes free, sometimes for a small charge depending on which package you have with them.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.