cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Why can’t I connect my WiFi to my printer

Neilrumsey
Investigator
Investigator

Since I got my upgraded brightbox it will not connect to my wireless printer (Epsom xp-225) it doesn’t have a screen or a cable port , I have pressed the wps button and Wi-Fi button but it will not pair I have already enabled the wps and tried through the pbs but it goes from idle to fault I suspect a faulty router as the printer is fine any ideas

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey,

Actually it terns out that the problem was with the router. The WPS button on top of the bright box 2 is disabled by default and needs to be enabled through the admin settings. 

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Neilrumsey  Can you connect other devices like your phone or tablet to the router ? 

Yes anything that you can in put the data works it’s only on the wps

@Neilrumsey  Are you trying do set the printer up next to the router. If your not please move the printer next to the router and try setting it up again via WPS.  

I have it next to the router but still no joy

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Good Morning @Neilrumsey.

Can you remember if this is how you set it up last time?

I set my printer up at home using an app on my phone.

Jon

No this how it was set up and been to my brothers on bt and it connects straight away 

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @Neilrumsey.

I'd recommend contacting our technical support team about this.

They will have access to your broadband account and be able to help you with getting the printer set up.

Jon

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Neilrumsey wrote:

Since I got my upgraded brightbox

Was it working with the un-upgraded Brightbox. What Brightbox is it anyway?

Have you followed Connect using WiFi protected setup (WPS) ?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Yes worked fine on the old brightboxBrightbox 2Brightbox 2

This is the upgrade one a brightbox 2