by antonio93 Investigator
Investigator

When a broadband provider cheat on you

Hello everyone, I am here to share with you my experience with this broadband provider. Almost a year ago my partner and I arrived to Lincoln. As we are university students to get a good broadband is essential for us. Therefore, we did a deep broadband search and after looking at some companies we found the "best" deal in EE broadband. They offered us to have two mobile phones tariffs and broadband for around £50! In addition, they promised us they were giving us 5 extra gb in one of the mobile phone tariff, as well as, apple music for free during 6 months and 1000 minutes of free international calls. How could we reject this deal!!!!??? It was unbelievable! Obviously in front of this deal we accepted the terms, however, after one year we are still waiting for the apple music, the 5 extra gb and we are paying more than £65 monthly using services within our allowance. But unfortunately it is not the end, after trying during 9 months to fix it they just offered us to cancel our service for free, really???? is this a way to treat a client???? We could not cancel our service because we were in the middle of our master!! They even charged us the month that we were waiting for the line and we did not use the service!! I am writting to you after 10 months because during these last few days our broadband is not working properly and we need it to finish our dissertation. Thus, I went yesterday to a local store (Argos, Lincoln) and the shop assistant did not pay attention to me because he was "flirting" with a young girl that arrived 10 minutes after me!! I am quite angry with this company and if you are thinking about hiring any service with this company I would highly recommend you to change your mind. You will only find problems and broken promises in this company.

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: When a broadband provider cheat on you

Hi,

It might help if you used paragraphs. Hope you use them in your dissertation.

Firstly, there is no account access on these forums so for specific account related issues you need to speak to CS. If you want to complain then you can do so via EE complaints process.

To cover off your points:

• How to get the additional 5GB data boost can be found on the related EE help page, so It maybe worth reading.
  • Apple music is available to all EE pay monthly customers and again information on how this works and how to register can be found on these help pages.
  • International calls you will need to speak to CS direct about this option so call 150 from your mobile to speak to them.
  • Argos is nothing to do with EE so their staff flirting is outside EE control

As for our broadband what so you mean by its not working. Is it curring out, the wifi, the router, speed? Can you provide a bit more info.

Thanks,

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Investigator

Hi,

Firstly, I am not writing my dissertation, I am just sharing my views. I accept any help which is not arrogant and/or rude.

Secondly, I wanted to let the community know about these issues, as well as, potential future clients. 

Thirdly, I have called EE many times. They did not help me with anything. It might be worthy for you to read too, the only solution they gave me was to cancel the service.

Finally, I said Argos because in Lincoln there are two EE stores, and one of them is located in Argos. Therefore, it is EE responsibility to have a good customer service. If not, they should not give them EE clothes and let them negotiate on its behalf. 

My problem with the broadband is that it is quite slow, it does not allow me to use more than 3 devices at the same time and it sometimes drops.

You are welcome.

by
EE Community Support Team

Thank you for coming to the EE community @antonio93

In terms of the extra data missing and service you have advised that you have received, this would need looked at with customer services should you get the time to call again.

In terms of  Apple music please see the support article.  You can text MUSIC to 150 and follow the setting up instructions via texts to your phone.

Please have a look at the Need Help with Your Home Broadband Speed or Connection?  support article for help with the broadband side.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

Investigator

Ok @Richard_C. Thank you very much, I will call them once again.

by
EE Community Support Team

Have a great day @antonio93

Thanks

Richard

🙂

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.