Did you mean: 

What wireless mode should I have it set to mode 1,2 or 3

Sammieb83
Visitor

10 REPLIES 10
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

The default Mode 1 works for most installations.

Have you read the Help against it?

What are the 802.11 WiFi capability of your devices?

What issues are you having with it?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

"The default Mode 1 works for most installations.  Have you read the Help against it? "

huh - typical ee non answer

Sorry to be rude but honestly EE customer service are so "clever" at not answering not taking responsibility and throwing it all back on the customer

The question as far as I could see it / understand it is what is the difference between Mode 1 Mode 2 & Mode 3

Because that is why I am here... to find out because no there is no Help icon to click on for help / advice / information which one might expect a Grandmaster to know

@embe : This isn't EE CS. I'm just a user like you.

All that is known about the differences between Mode 1 Mode 2 & Mode 3 is said in the Help by clicking the '?' mark next to that parameter.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

i am aware how the question mark works but can show you screen dumps that confirm there is no question mark

BrendonH
Community Hero
Community Hero

I believe the EE Hub is the same as the BT one.

This is on the BT Forum...

• Mode 1: Gives you the fullest featured wireless, maximising speed and range
  • Mode 2: Some devices can sometimes struggle to use the latest wireless features. If you have any devices that can’t get a good wireless connection, try using this mode. Selecting this mode may reduce the wireless range and throughput but improve connectivity.
  • Mode 3: Change to this mode if your wireless devices don’t perform well using mode 1 or 2. Selecting this mode will reduce the latest features as well as wireless range and throughput compared to Mode 1 and 2. It'll enable the broadest range of devices to operate on the wireless. The features that are reduced include: power saving procedures, traffic aggregation methods and Multiple Concurrent data streams 

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

Just to add a little more info to @BrendonH  post:

• Mode 1: Gives you the fullest featured wireless, maximising speed and range
  • Mode 2: Some devices can sometimes struggle to use the latest wireless features. If you have any devices that can’t get a good wireless connection, try using this mode. Selecting this mode may reduce the wireless range and throughput but improve connectivity.
  • Mode 3: Change to this mode if your wireless devices don’t perform well using mode 1 or 2. Selecting this mode will reduce the latest features as well as wireless range and throughput compared to Mode 1 and 2. It'll enable the broadest range of devices to operate on the wireless. The features that are reduced include: power saving procedures, traffic aggregation methods and Multiple Concurrent data streams
ModeBest forCompatible withAdvanced features
1Performanceg/n and a/n/acY
2Compatibilityb/n/g and a/nN
3Legacyb/g and aN

there are no ? marks next to ti: just tell everyone what they mean or if you dont know then say you dont know!! But, I'd go find out if I were you.

@Nighthawk1 : What's this then? :

Capture.JPG

Maybe you are thinking of a diff router?

I have been trawling a number of threads today related to issues with EE broadband and XRaySpeX your name has cropped up a number of times on different threads. In each case you are responding to a EE community members question. I am sorry to say, but without exception all of your responses have either not answered the question asked or just been totally unhelpful. I think I can say that responses such as 'have you looked at the help file' are not what people posting a question on a forum are after. 

Your sub title is 'Grand Master'. I am not sure what you are Grand Master of but it is evidently not broadband support. I would kindly suggest offering no support is better than misleading or just unhelpful comments. 

Just saying...