cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

What can i do about my router flashing yellow often?

Jackmcgee41
Visitor

For the last 4 days my router keeps flashing yellow every so often usually at night  What can be done about this?

5 REPLIES 5
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Jackmcgee41 

Nothing as it's normal, it's connecting to the internet. 

Do you have long periods without internet access?

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

If it's a SmartHub it should normally be flashing Aqua all the time.

If it's flashing Yellow it has discon'ed & is trying to reconnect. This can occasionally happen but not too often.

If you would like help with your BB speed or connection issues, please would you carry out the following steps for starters, which will enable us to diagnose the problem and advise you further. Do not restart your router to do these tests:

1. Post your full router stats.

For a BrightBox: login and go to Advanced Settings/ System/ DSL Status. Also post 'System Uptime' from top of System Log page.

For a SmartHub: login and go to Advanced Settings/ Technical Log/ Information.

Full router stats are key to any speed & connection issues.

2. Try a wired speedtest, using an Ethernet cable supplied with the router, here http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest.html . Click on the "Results Page" button at the bottom of the graph you first see and then copy to here just the "Link to this result:" link that you see below the next main graph.

3. What exchange are you connected to? If you don't know use: http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange_search and post the URL of your exchange page.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

My router keeps flashing yellow. And won’t connect to the internet. I’ve powered it down several times but still nothing. The same thing happend last night for over an hour then it reconnected. It’s been fine all day but it’s happend again tonight. 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Matthew195,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Are you still experiencing this issue?

If you are, please get in touch with Customer Care so we can help.

Thanks

James

Cornering you into upgrading your package that’s what this is all about