by DaveH22 Contributor
Contributor

Want to switch and get new number

Hi

i want to switch from BT to EE with my Fibre Broadband but I definitely require a new number. I intend to use a cashback site for the order.

How do I make sure I get a new line? Can I call after I’ve placed the order to confirm this?

8 REPLIES 8
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Want to switch and get new number

Hello there @DaveH22

Thanks for coming to the community.

If you give our broadband team a call they will let you know what is required for you to get a new number.

Let us know how you get on.

Leanne 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Why do you need a new no? It's far easier to just migrate your BB from BT to EE on the existing landline. You would also be eligible for EE paying for your BT cancellation fees up to £50 if you have any.

Anyway when you apply to EE for BB they will already know you have a landline at your address even if you don't provide a no.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by DaveH22 Contributor
Contributor

Lots of cold calling and the desire to be plugged into a different port in the DSLAM. That’s precisely why.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

When you place the order select you don’t know the number enter your postcode select your address and it will say they have detected a working line at your property it will say that you will be given a new number.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@David wrote:

it will say they have detected a working line at your property it will say that you will be given a new number.

Yes & No! It does say it has detected a working line there but not that it will be given a new no. It says that it can be easily reactivated.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by DaveH22 Contributor
Contributor

I have had my confirmation and I have been allocated a new number. Whether or not that equates to a new ort in the DSLAM is another matter.

Seriously impressed at how good EE’s Customer Service is. Quite exceptional. Really nice people to deal with!

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

let us know how you get on once your service migrates.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Are you cancelling BT yourself or are you relying on EE to do it even tho' they are supplying BB on a different no?

Does a new no. mean a new, another, landline or are they just renumbering your existing landline? The latter would imply no change at the DSLAM.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.