by Robinh112 Investigator
Investigator

Very Slow Broadband

Hi 

I have been experiencing very slow broadband speeds for over a week.

below are my results:

BT Quiet Line Test using main socktet - No noise

Speed test done by disconnecting all wireless and plugged in devices from the router and closing all non essential programme's when running a wired speed test from my PC, I also have tried rebooting the router moving it to a different location but still no change

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Very Slow Broadband

You should be syncing at about 15 Meg instead of the 2268 K that you are. The reason you are not is that the DLM system has put you on a banded profile in response to past errors on your line, at the top of the 4th lowest of these ADSL Banded Profiles, altho' you now have no significant errors. You need to give the DLM time to relent & remove any banding. Leave it alone for at least 7 days & don't reset or resync the router. If it's still banded you should then call EE to get the DLM reset in order to remove any banding. However should significant errors persist the DLM will reapply banding.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

If you would like help with your BB speed or connection issues, please would you carry out the following step for starters, which will enable us to diagnose the problem and advise you further. Do not restart your router to do these tests:

Post your full router stats. For a BrightBox: login and go to Advanced Settings/ System/ DSL Status. Also post 'System Uptime' from top of System Log page. Full router stats are key to any speed & connection issues.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

pastedImage (1).pngpastedImage (2).pngpastedImage.png

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

You should be syncing at about 15 Meg instead of the 2268 K that you are. The reason you are not is that the DLM system has put you on a banded profile in response to past errors on your line, at the top of the 4th lowest of these ADSL Banded Profiles, altho' you now have no significant errors. You need to give the DLM time to relent & remove any banding. Leave it alone for at least 7 days & don't reset or resync the router. If it's still banded you should then call EE to get the DLM reset in order to remove any banding. However should significant errors persist the DLM will reapply banding.

Investigator

Thank you the issue is now resolved itself

by
EE Community Support Team

Glad it's sorted, @Robinh112

Thanks for letting us know.

Have a brilliant weekend. 🙂

Chris

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance & it is now sorted.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.