by daveac
Explorer

VPN on an EE smart hub

Hi this is my first post.

Is it possible to set up a vpn on a smart hub, if so the obvious question is how do I go about it

TY in advance

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: VPN on an EE smart hub

@daveac: The EE SH is designed to work with most VPN s/ware.

Just connect to your chosen VPN thro' the VPN client they would have supplied you with.

You might need to set Advanced / BB / VPN / Post Clamping to ON.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by daveac
Explorer

Thanks for the info I am not using a VPN on my PC. I should have given more info I am using a smart tv and it does not allow a vpn on the TV. One sugestion has been to set up the VPN on the router itself which I have been told about by a couple of people but I don't know how/if I can do this on a smart hub.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Why on earth do you need the TV to connect over VPN? Trying to get to disallowed channels? That's why you can't have VPNs on Smart TVs.

The EE SH cannot incorporate a VPN; it just works alongside them.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.