by tongu055 Contributor
Contributor

Re: Using a BT Smart Hub when EE becomes your ISP

Sorry, I did not realise that  - thanks for putting me right.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome :)!

The only thing prevenring an EE SH being used on any ISP is the rule that the BB Username must end in '@fs'. The BT SH is similar except that the rule is more complex. Anyone with the skill to hack the firmware can w/out much difficulty elininate these rules.

So I'm quite willing to accept that @iOnicDev has cracked it. It can be done.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by NilSatisOptimum
Visitor

Frankly its grotesquely absurd that EE (BT Group) and all the other ISP, are throwing lumps of plastic and metal components to customers, we are supposedly in the end days of self supporting environment and individuals being asked to change their ways,  yet here we are in 2019, companies still behaving beyond impunity...

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.