by slickric21 Contributor
Contributor

Username and password for own router (yes I’ve searched)

Hi there.

Can anyone give upto date solid info on where/how to get my username and password to use my own router with EE Fibre Max.

My connection is due to go live on Fri 3rd May and as soon as the open reach engineer leaves I will swap the Smart Hub for my ASUS RT AC86U.

I have read the FAQ’s and various posts on this forum but nothing has given me accurate useable info on where to get the username/password required.

There is lots of info on what the username/password format is, but not where to obtain it.

1) There is no card/info/letter with the smart hub with this on.

2) It isn’t contained within any of the several emails I have received from EE since making/placing my order.

3) I have logged into my EE account online and this info isn’t contained in any of the areas as far as I can see.

Do I have to powerup/connect/login to the Smart Hub and retrieve it from the   WAN settings page ?

Or 

Can I just ring EE and ask for it ??

(please don’t tell me I have to fish it out of wireshark !!!!) 

cheers in advance 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Username and password for own router (yes I’ve searched)

Your BB Username & pwd are not to be found on the label on the router nor on the KeepMe card; they only contain the WiFi & admin creds. You will find your BB Username in the router itself by logging to your EE Smart Hub at http://192.168.1.254 with the admin password found on the plate on the back of it & navigating to Advanced Settings / BB.

Unless you joined EE BB a long time ago you'll find your BB Username is of the form PRODUCTIONHQNUN123456@fs. The corresponding pwd will look like HQNPASS123456. Simply replace the numbers in the password, with the ones found in your Username.

For the rest you'll find almost everything you need to set up your own router in Home Broadband settings  What's missing for Fibre is:

• VLAN ID = 101
__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@slickric21   The user name and passwords will be on the router.   There is a plastic piece on the back of the router that slides out.  From looking at the back of the router it’s on the left hand side. 

by slickric21 Contributor
Contributor

Really appreciate the reply.

That plastic piece contains the Wifi name and password, & the password to log into Hub manager.

Removing it and underneath is the Wifi name and password again, and serial number then Mac address and  of the router.

I do not want any of this info.

Unless the username is the serial number ????

To be clear I want my username and password to use PPPoE Login to use my own router on EE Fibre max.

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Your BB Username & pwd are not to be found on the label on the router nor on the KeepMe card; they only contain the WiFi & admin creds. You will find your BB Username in the router itself by logging to your EE Smart Hub at http://192.168.1.254 with the admin password found on the plate on the back of it & navigating to Advanced Settings / BB.

Unless you joined EE BB a long time ago you'll find your BB Username is of the form PRODUCTIONHQNUN123456@fs. The corresponding pwd will look like HQNPASS123456. Simply replace the numbers in the password, with the ones found in your Username.

For the rest you'll find almost everything you need to set up your own router in Home Broadband settings  What's missing for Fibre is:

• VLAN ID = 101
__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.