Highlighted
by Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Urgent query: EE Fibre installation schedule and keeping old number? please

Hi All, Please allow me couple quick urgent questions!

I'm on TalkTalk and the contract ending very soon. If I buy the EE Fibre online, how soon will it be changed over to EE? Within days or weeks?

Also, the EE website says they cannot use my old Talktalk number - is this correct? I believe EE uses the same exchange etc cant see a reason to query that. Id like keep my old number.

Thanks everyone! Have a great day. 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
by Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Urgent query: EE Fibre installation schedule and keeping old number? please

Thanks.

If my TT contract ends on the 15th Feb. Can I order EE Fibre and request its activated that day, or how does it work?

I will be away on holidays that time too... but if TT contracts not cancelled they will jump my bill to standard price which is big jump up!

Highlighted
by Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi David. Thanks for your reply!  @David 

So its 2 weeks to connect normally and you dont have to be home.

I just double checked my TT account and the end date is actually 20.2.2020. So I should be ok to book EE online by the 6th Feb, correct?

Thus avoid any jump to standard fees and early term charges.

I also believe the router is posted through letterbox so its ok to be away from home....

Thanks again.
Janne

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

1. If you order your BB from EE it could take 2 to 3 weeks to migrate it from TT.
  2. There's no reason not to able to take your landline number with you. TT cannot stop it being ported to EE, by Ofcom Regs.
  3. The router is meant go through a letter box but doesn't always, even big ones. 
__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.